Eclecticism

...making decisions on the basis of what seems best instead of following some single doctrine or style.
Me in a nutshell!!!

Monday, April 29, 2013

The Sins of the FatherThe Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This being the 2nd book in the Clifton Chronicles started out "amazing" and then petered out to being "I liked it" resulting in the 3 star rating. I was so looking forward to this after how much I enjoyed the 1st book Only Time Will Tell and have to say I was some what disappointed.

It wasn't so much how the story continued but how ridiculous the characters became. Does everyone have to be a heroine or hero Mr. Archer? 
 I mentioned in my review of Only Time Will Tell that the story was a bit cheesy, but The Sins of the Father was an extra order of cheese on top! It just became un-realistic on so many levels.

By far the most interesting character was the villain Hugo Barrington. The most un-realistic and ridiculous part of the story was the finale!

I will read the newly released 3rd book in the Clifton Chronicles The Best Kept Secret, but not right away, I will need to be in a real Archer mood for that.

View all my reviews

5 comments:

  1. Dear Tudor Daughter,
    I have found your nice blog, which I really like it. Enjoyed to read your posts and book reviews.
    I was wondering if you would be interested in sharing your posts and ideas on Glipho? It's a quite new social publishing platform for bloggers, where you can connect to every social network accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks For.. Sharing Information...Your website is very nice..

    This is Sarkari Result From India.. Click Here To Open link and Get Your Latest Jobs, Admit Cards, Result, ANswer Key & many more.. thanks..

    Nice Site...............

    Sarkari Result
    Sarkari Results
    sarkariexam
    Sarkari Result 2019
    sarkariresult
    sarkari job
    sarkariexam result
    sarkari naukri in up
    rojgar result
    sarkari result in hindi
    truecaller apk
    trukalar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...