Eclecticism

...making decisions on the basis of what seems best instead of following some single doctrine or style.
Me in a nutshell!!!

Monday, April 29, 2013

The Sins of the FatherThe Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This being the 2nd book in the Clifton Chronicles started out "amazing" and then petered out to being "I liked it" resulting in the 3 star rating. I was so looking forward to this after how much I enjoyed the 1st book Only Time Will Tell and have to say I was some what disappointed.

It wasn't so much how the story continued but how ridiculous the characters became. Does everyone have to be a heroine or hero Mr. Archer? 
 I mentioned in my review of Only Time Will Tell that the story was a bit cheesy, but The Sins of the Father was an extra order of cheese on top! It just became un-realistic on so many levels.

By far the most interesting character was the villain Hugo Barrington. The most un-realistic and ridiculous part of the story was the finale!

I will read the newly released 3rd book in the Clifton Chronicles The Best Kept Secret, but not right away, I will need to be in a real Archer mood for that.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Dear Tudor Daughter,
    I have found your nice blog, which I really like it. Enjoyed to read your posts and book reviews.
    I was wondering if you would be interested in sharing your posts and ideas on Glipho? It's a quite new social publishing platform for bloggers, where you can connect to every social network accounts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...