Eclecticism

...making decisions on the basis of what seems best instead of following some single doctrine or style.
Me in a nutshell!!!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Today's Book Recommendation



Legacy: by Susan Kay ***** (five stars)

(1986)


I read this book when it first came out in paper back in 1987. I was taking care of my mother after her surgery and found the book on the turn style at the Pharmacy. The back cover looked interesting, but I had no idea then that I would not be able to put this book down.

Elizabeth has never been my most favorite monarch, but after reading this book I came away with a whole new admiration for her.

I cannot recommend this book enough. For readers, it's a complete treasure.

The only problem is that it is out of print and you need to go on Ebay to buy it. I have passed my copy around and all who have read this have loved it and found a copy of their own.

This book is worth the search and don't let it out of your library. It' s a keeper to be re-read many times!

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely check it out! I usually get my used books from Alibris, so I'll try them first :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book! I just read it earlier this year and it is one of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...